Apr 22, 2007

Fritschie's impromtu day off

I made the decision not ot go into the office today. I got a lot done yesterday, and what's left for me to do will only take a little extra time this coming week. After getting off work at the bar last night, I went over to a friend's birthday party and stayed until the party was over at 4:00.

Getting up today at the crack of noon, I was not feeling too motivated to go into the office. Not that I was hung over or feeling shitty. I just needed this day to recharge my batteries for the week ahead. I needed to go do some things that didn't need to be done. Something out of my normal routine. I went to the mall.

I wasn't there to shop. There was nothing in particular that I needed, although I did almost splurge on a Nintendo Wii. Mostly I went there to watch the people as I walked around.

There was the very large woman going through the racks of bras at Victoria's Secret, and I saw the hope of finding something in her size diminish with each passing second.

There was a Cingular kiosk five feet away from a US Cellular kiosk. I sat on a bench eating a pretzel, wondering if the two clerks ever get into fights.

I saw a little boy sneak a peek up the dress of a mannequin at Lane Bryant.

I passed a group of teenage boys who were all wearing so much Tag Body Spray that there were fume lines coming off of them.

Overheard from a man leaving El Chico with his daughter, "Don't pick your nose. That's gross." Then, he himself let out a huge belch. The sad thing was, he wasn't being cute about it.


Around 2:30, I wound up in front of the movie theater. I was left with a choice: Do I wait for the 4:30 showing of Hot Fuzz, or go to the 3:00 Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I went with Meatwad, and enjoyed every second of it. I would go into a long review of the film, but the part of the human brain that enjoys this kind of movie is located on the opposite side from the part that reads movie reviews.

Now, I'm at home, eating an early dinner and rewatching the last few episodes of Heroes in preparation of the new episode tomorrow night.

No comments: