Feb 21, 2008

And fuck you too, universe!

I try to make it a point to have two negative posts in a row, but this has been one shit-sucking week for me, and I need to vent.

WORK

Almost every job I've worked on this week has been kicked back to me by someone who has absolutely no idea what they're talking about...really stretching the credibility of the phrase "the customer is always right." It actually got me to the point that I almost inserted the words just approve the layout already, dickhead into some copy I was typesetting this morning. I also had to do a job today that the further I got into it, the more demeaning it felt. All I'll say is, some third-grader's getting an A in Geography.

VEHICLE

The truck has sprung a leak in thee cooling system. It's been like this for a while, but it's getting too much to coast by with a fresh dose of anti-freeze every week or so. A guy at work has diagnosed the problem and agreed to help me fix it. It's either the water pump or the water pump gasket going bad. But in order to fully diagnose the pump problem, we'll need to ruin the gasket getting it out. Plus, It's freezing cold and I can't just re-fill it with water until Sunday, when he's free to work on it.

And if the truck does wind up having to go into the shop, I'll need a different vehicle to drive in the meantime. Just the kick in the ass I need to get a new car and be rid of that truck for good. I went on my first test-drive today. I told the guy, I need a four-door sedan with a standard transmission, preferably foreign, and for around $10,000. What I would up test-driving was a Ford Focus, which I was ultimately told was way out of my price range. Oh, well, I wasn't expecting to sign on the line on the first shot.

LOVE LIFE

I got into a conversation last night with a girl I briefly dated about a year and a half ago, and it turns out she had recently met the woman I had dated right after her, and the gist of their conversation was about what I had told the second girl about the first girl. When I was asked if I had indeed said those things, I told the truth, that it was a long time ago, and I don't remember ever saying those things.

Now, anyone who knows me knows that I'm no stranger to past and present girlfriend knowing one another and sometimes exchanging notes, but this was bordering on ridiculous. 31 years old, and suddenly I'm back in eighth grade.

As for the present, nothing new to report.

OVERALL

I'm feeling some pretty heavy burnout the past few days. To tell the truth, I've been itching to play Leaving Las Vegas: the home game. Oh, well, it's been a shit-sucking week and thank God it's Thursday.

No comments: