Jan 9, 2008

Cable's back!

One month after the ice storm, I finally have everything back to normal. I got my cable and internet back tonight.

Books have been read, DVDs have been watched, CD's have been listened to. But those days are over. I have cable again. No more trips to the office to check my email. No more getting my news solely from NPR. I can finally get my TV fix.

Not that it means a whole helluva lot, what with the writer's strike and all. Oh, well...

At least I can get back into following the political races again. I was pleased with the outcome in Iowa, but a bit confounded by New Hampshire. Is it just me, or do all of the front-running Republican candidates look like the bad guys at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark? Huckabee looks like he's melting, McCain looks like he's drying out, Romney's head is about to explode... The Democrats, on the other hand, haven't garnered a pop culture comparison in my mind. Yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I get the majority my news from NPR. I then supplement it with news from the Tulsa World, Wall Street Journal Online, Truthout.org, NY Times Online, and a few other minor media sources. I don't have cable and don't need to get my news in 30 second sound bites from overpaid beauty queens. Otherwise glad to hear your homestead is back up to where it was before the ice storm.