Jan 6, 2008

Latest News

It has now been four weeks and the cable is still out at home. The TV shows I'm missing I could give a rat's ass about, it's the internet that the problem. I do a lot of shit on the internet and it's driving me crazy butting heads with th cable company.

I decided not to call to get the cable lines fixed until after I got power back, since it would be pointless to get the cable back on and have no power to do anything with it. So, when I first called, I got put at the back of a really long list. That, I understood.

I called back about a week later to try to get an update, and it turns out my service order got lost in the shuffle. So, I got to the back of the line AGAIN!

The third time, the operator had the nerve to tell me my service was back on, when I was looking directly at the wires still on the ground! Their computers said it was fixed, it wasn't, so I got put back on the list, and that it would be back on by Thursday afternoon.

Thursday night, the line was still down, and I called them again. This time they told me that someone was working on the line at that very moment. Being on a cell phone allowed me to walk outside and down the block...to see that no one was even in the neighborhood working on the cable lines. So I called them on their bullshit again.

Friday night, I called back, only to be told that I wouldn't get anyone in my area until Sunday afternoon. On Saturday afternoon, a cherry picker showed up and reattached the cale line back to the pole. Still, no cable service to my apartment.

This afternoon was my scheduled service appointment, which consisted of a technician coming to my door and informing me that there's a break somewhere down the line that's preventing any signal from making it to my apartment. This break may be down the block, down the street, or the whole damned system is screwed up...like I needed any further evidence of that.

The good news is, they're working on it, and it turns out my downstairs neighbor works for their billing department, so I may not only get a prorated bill, but a discount on future service.

Fingers crossed. In the meantime, I'm at the office checking my email, fixing to get some groceries and maybe catch a show at the Nightingale tonight.

No comments: