Dec 30, 2007

Quick Update

Cable's still down at home, and by all accounts, won't be back on for a few more days. So, I'm coming into the office for a bit to check email, do some stuff for the art show and check some of my regular websites.

The posters for the Personality of Cult art show are now up around Tulsa, but there's a lot more left to do to promote this thing. I guess I got so caught up in the coolness of this little cult classic art show idea that I forgot to calculate a budget for promotions and, you know, raise money. Note to self: Charge an entry fee next time!

Speaking of cult classics, I used up some gift cards and got myself a few DVDs the other night. I had set out to get the 5-disc Blade Runner Deluxe Set and the Futurama movie, but they were sold out of both. So, I wound up getting the 4-disc Blade Runner set, and with the money I saved there, I got The Ghostbusters 1 & 2 set, Enter the Dragon and Dr. Strangelove. That should keep the Cable TV withdrawals to a minimum.

Friday night I went to see Rocky Horror at the Circle Cinema midnight movie. It was a blast! I had never been, and I managed to keep myself from being outed as a "virgin". I found it amazing that with an event with so many rules of conduct, that it could get that crazy. It was organized chaos, and it was awesome! I did, however, have to dig a couple of grains of rice out of my ear canal afterwards, but that was the only after-effect.

Last night was Hosty Duo at Arnie's Bar AND my friend Heather's birthday. It was a really good show, even though the crowd was a little bit rough. A few people had to be held back before a fight could break out. But hey, most of those folks were from out-of-town, and didn't really know that Arnie's is, for the most part, a peaceful kind of joint. Another thing I noticed is that at least half of the crowd was probably not even born yet when the Space Shuttle Challenger blew up. I gotta just accept the fact that I'm getting older.

Another thought I had last night was that I think I'm reaching the point where it's getting pretty sad to close down a bar and going home alone. Most of my friends that were there with me all had this air about them that they could have another drink, get a little crazier, because they had someone to drive them home. Meanwhile, I had to do my usual thing where I monitor my buzz, cut myself off and prepare myself to drive home. Oh well, another thing for me to work on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could ask one of your friends for a ride you know.

Fritschie said...

I know...it was mostly an allegory for "kinda bummed I'm the only single one in the group".