Dec 2, 2007

Weekend Update

FRIDAY

I finally got caught up on my work....that is to say that I took it as far as I could. The ball in the clients' court for now.

Friday night I went to a party at a friend's house. Had I known it was a dinner party, I wouldn't have eaten beforehand. Oh, well...It was great just hanging out with them and pound a few glasses of wine. I had to leave early to catch the midnight movie at the Circle Cinema. This time, it was Flash Gordon.

Flash Gordon is one of those movies that I remember loving when I was a kid, and I now know that I can enjoy it as an adult, but for the opposite reasons. I found myself just marveling at how unbelievably cheesy the film is. Thanks to Mystery Science Theater 3000, I've developed a love for the unbelievably cheesy. This particular viewing also allowed me to witness the greatest joke I've ever heard thrown back at the movie screen. When Flash is on the forest "planet", Timothy Dalton comes out and asks, "Do you know where you are?" From the front of the theater, someone belted out, "YOU'RE IN THE JUNGLE, BABY!" No one could hear a line of dialog from the movie for at least two minutes because we were laughing so hard.

SATURDAY

I slept in until around noon, and stayed in my pajamas until about six. Just a lazy day.

At night, I went to see Larkin down at Arnie's. It wasn't a typical crowd for a Larkin gig, but it was still a lot of fun. Hanging out at Arnie's, I gotta admit, is becoming much more fun since I stopped working the door. However, its a tough habit to break. I found myself a couple of times scanning the crowd, making sure no one was making any trouble.

I started to get really tired around one, but decided to stick around and close the bar down. I started to get my second wind around the time I was leaving, so I went home and stayed up for a while longer and did a bit of writing.

SUNDAY

I only had three things to do today: Laundry, dishes and pay rent. Those things temporarily took a back seat when Mary and Ivy invited me to a late breakfast at Blue Dome. The four cups of coffee I had there gave me the energy I needed to do the three things I had to do today.

Now, I'm just surfing the web and killing time before dinner.

No comments: