Dec 16, 2007

Still powerless

Yet again, I'm at the office for my electricity and internet fix. My power at home is still out, and the earliest and most reliable estimate of getting power back is tomorrow or Tuesday.

Yesterday, I took some friends out to lunch and to see I Am Legend. There's nothing like watching a movie about the end of the world to take you mind off having no lights at home. All in all, it was a really good flick. I hate that special effects have gotten so good that I find myself distracted from the film wondering how the hell they did it.

Another thing that I found fascinating about the film is that they made Will Smith's character a Bob Marley fan. It's explained later on in the movie and it makes perfect sense in the end, but still, it was a strange choice for the character starting out. This subplot also allowed for one of my all-time favorite songs to be played during the end credits. Which song? Go see the damn movie!

I only wish I had gone to see it at the IMAX. Where I saw it, there was a trailer for The Dark Knight, but at the IMAX, there was a six minute preview. I found some camera phone footage online and I got the gist of it, but man, that preview is gonna be cool seeing it first-hand. WHo knows, I could possibly see I Am Legend again real soon.

In the meantime, I'm off to go pay some bills. It would suck to get my electricity back just to have it shut off again. Of course, in my defense, it's kinda hard to find your bills when the lights are out.

No comments: