Nov 4, 2008

YES, WE FUCKING DID!

To paraphrase Bill Hicks, it feels like all the artists of this country have been shooting darts at the big elephant for years. The elephant is now dead.

As a born and raised, dyed in the wool liberal, tonight I experienced a joy that i could never have imagined. I literally dropped to my knees and started crying the moment it was called for our new President, Barack Obama.

It's been a long time coming, after years of our party's ideals being dragged through the mud by radical ideologues, and making us feel that our dreams for this nation might have slipped away forever. Tonight, I felt...for the first time in years...that there was a chance that a brighter day was finally here.

I hate to illiterate or hyperbolate this into a catchphrase any more than it already has, but it's fucking true. After years of being told "no", finally there's a shimmer of brightness on the horizon. The ring has been cast into the fires of Mount Doom, and the new age has reached its dawn.

I couldn't be happier, and I'm so happy to have spent this evening with my greatest friends.

No comments: