Mar 13, 2006

Divvying up the trash

Yesterday I decided to rake the yard for the first time since...well, since last spring. 24 bags of leaves. I even piled all of the bags at the curb in a nice pyramid, but later I was reminded that the trash man will bill me extra for more than 8 bags. So, about 2/3 of those bags are now sitting at the side of the house waiting for trash pickup on Thursday and next Monday.

Exhausted, I sat my ass on the couch for my Sunday night lineup: Simpsons, Desperate Housewives, Gray's Anatomy and Adult Swim. Everything but Adult Swim kept getting interrupted by weather reports. I understand that when dangerous weather strikes, it's important that people are informed, but this was just ridiculous. After the meteorologists tired of repeating themselves about possible rotation, they'd cut to the stormchaser videos or viewer emailed pics of golf-ball-sized hail. The last thirty minutes of their reports were all about how the storms are leaving the viewing area. I mean C'MON!

I had to wait until halfway through the news at 10 to find out when they were gonna repeat the one show I really wanted to see, which was gonna be at 2 AM! I set the VCR and watched Adult Swim until bedtime.

This morning, I got caught up on the fallout from over the weekend. My boss was stressed out as usual, but since none of what was stressing him out had anything to do with me, I made it clear that I wasn't gonna let that affect my work for the day. I handled all of my priorities, no mistakes, and without putting up with any crap. I had a good day.

I got home and planned to clean my room, do some laundry and watch my shows. Istead, my all of my clothes are still on the floor, I'm on the internet and I'm watching what I taped last night. Zero motivation right now.

I talked to my Stepdad, and he informed me that whatever settlement I reach with the credit cards, I will have to pay taxes on what they have to settle for. So, basically that means my tax refund next year is going bye-bye. How exactly can they get away with this? I'm giving them a shitload of money and they say I have to pay taxes on it?

Tomorrow, if I have time, I'll have to call my credit couselor to get copies of all of my records. This is at my step-dad's request. I'm willing to just tell them to go to hell and whatever I got screwed out of I'll except as my punishment for letting it get this bad. However, my stepdad is mentioning a potential lawsuit. It's possible I'm getting in over my head here.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta clean the kitchen, lest my roommate castrates me with a broken Coke bottle.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some gals have ALL the luck!! I have GOT to find myself a boyfriend who will do yard work and do the dishes.

Where do girls find boys like you??

Fritschie said...

If that's all you're looking for in a man, then you're going about it the wrong way. Try looking for the sence of humor/intelligence/kindness/good in the sack part and just hand him a rake and a dish towel once and a while.

Anonymous said...

Ouch. That was just a tiny little, not very well received, joke.

Fritschie said...

Okay, I'm confused...did I offend you, or did I come across as incredibly bitter?

Because I didn't intend either.

Anonymous said...

Both, but... you know, words on a screen, they are open to interpretation. I guess that if someone said that to me, I might react the same way. I can't tell you how often I think men that I date are looking for mothers or maids, so after a while I guess you start wondering why they don't look for more important, lasting qualities and hope that the other things are there as a bonus - icing on the cake, if you will.

I guess I can forget seeing a therapist, I think I just stumbled across why I am still single. YAY! You can bill my insurance company for your time! :)

Fritschie said...

Just assume that 99% of what I write in the comments is in a Dennis Miller style of sarcasm. I'm so sorry that I struck a nerve there.

A guy like me is in a tough situation: I cannot speak for the typical "guy" mentality simply because I don't think like that. More often than not, I find myself having to apologize to women on their behalf.

Therein lies my main problem with women. They've been screwed over so many times by seemingly nice guys who turned out to be real assholes that someone like me is completely off their radar.

I agree with you that most guys are just looking for mothers and/or maids. For the longest time, I guess I was, too. It took a couple relationships with extremely strong-willed women to straighten my ass out. I guess my best advice would be to totally rock a nice guy's world, but the moment they try to get you to pick their dirty laundry off the floor, kick their ass (I suggest verbally the first time, mentally second, emotionally third and physically last).

The trick is to garner their respect while still being able to respect them. Some guys tend to over-correct and are basically kissing your ass and smothering you all the time. And like Ferris Bueller said, "You can't respect someone who kisses your ass."

Anonymous said...

Well, as a woman, trust me when I say that there are women out there who can, will, and want to appreciate a good man.

And I am not quite jaded yet - I know there are great guys out there.

And, as you approach square 3 - you will find that there are still a lot of really nice girls out there who don't need to be "fixed" either.

Fritschie said...

Which is precisely why I decided to take myself off the market for a while. Because while I now now that not every woman out there needs to be fixed, I'm noticing parts of myself that may require some repairs. I gotta patch some leaks in the roof before I try to sell this house.

Anonymous said...

Can I be honest here??

You have a blog, it would appear that you put a lot of your "stuff" in the blog. Strangers (like myself) somehow get interested in reading about you and they feel invested in you and your happiness, success, etc...

Granted, despite my belief that I feel invested in the person behind the blog I read everyday, I don't really know the guy -- but what I can tell you is that I read about the break ups, the crushes, the flirting, the dating, the debt, the family, the friends, etc.... and if it matters what a total stranger thinks - you have WAY less leaks in your roof than you might think. I don't think you give yourself enough credit. Perhaps your choice in women have lead you to believe that the problems lie within you - and some of them may - but in the grand scheme of things - a girl would be lucky to end up with you.

Just a stranger's opinion...

Fritschie said...

Valid point....VERY valid.

I have noticed that one of my most persistant problems in life is worry. I worry about everything too much. I do feel like I'm getting better on that front.

And yes, while my taste in women is mostly to blame, I now wonder how much of it is my constant need for worrying...because that does cloud one's judgement, wouldn't you agree?

I'm building momentum, though. With each new day I give a little less of a shit about things that used to make me want to hide in the corner and cry.

Anonymous said...

Well, I think that someone's perception is also their reality... and if you perceive things to be a certain way, it would be pretty damn hard to not have that be your reality.

I think it is important to occasionally step back and reevaluate you, your life, your place in this world, etc... but I think it is equally important that you not allow your peception to cloud your judgment in terms of where you stand as a person.

I am the consumate optimist - I tend to be a HORRIBLE judge of character only because I tend to only see the good in people. So, that just goes to show that we all have our crosses to bare.

You are doing good, and things can only get better!!!

Fritschie said...

Thanks.

Just imagine where I'd be without this blog. All of this shit that's happened to me since I started this...imagine if I was forced to bottle all of it up! Better you read about me here instead of a newspaper article where I went on a shooting spree.

Anonymous said...

And that is where I started feeling thankful that I live in St Louis, which is nowhere within shooting range of Tulsa!

I am glad you blog - a lot of it is so relatable. Sometimes I think we work for the same maniacal boss. If I dated women, I would SWEAR we were dating some of the same ones - or if you were dating guys. Anywhoooo...