Mar 14, 2006

The kitchen is closed

Not much happened at work today. I had very few jobs to work on, and what did come in I was able to handle pretty quickly. The rest of the time I spent on the internet, for business and personal reasons. On the business side, I looked around for cheap upgrades to our hardware/software...seeing as we're falling behind many of our clients. On the personal side, I checked my email, goofed around on Myspace and responded to comments (thanks again, Krista) on the blog. All in all, a really good day.

I got home and made a dinner that I know I could've done a lot better. I'm no gourmet in any way, but this was prison quality grub made from scratch and botched completely because I got a little too experimental. In watching the Food Network as often as I do (I will not be ignored, Rachael Ray, so please unblock my number) I should know better than to have gone the way that I did. I cannot tell you what I was trying to make, but I will tell you that with as many colorful ingredients as I put into it, it turned up...well, gray. That's the best way to describe it, in flavor, texture and color: gray.

Oh, well, I guess the sun can't shine on the same dog's ass every day. Culinarily speaking, I guess I need to learn to play the classics before I work my way up to jazz.

As for now, I'll be eating an oatmeal cream pie to clense my palette, then maybe a Mocha at Borders.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Right on, now! Thanks for the shout out!