Mar 15, 2006

Do you like to be interrupted when you're nancying around in your little garden?

Not to just bitch again about work, but if you want to know what my day was like today, just take a DVD of the movie As Good As It Gets. In the beginning of the film, there's a scene where Melvin (Jack Nicholson) is sitting at his computer putting the finishing touches on his latest novel. As soon as this scene starts, start your DVD player's repeat function. After his neighbor knocks on the door and Melvin yells "SON OF A BITCH!" hit that repeat button again. Let that little scene loop for about eight hours and you have an idea what my day was like. Then after eight hours, skip ahead to Simon ripping off his cast so he can draw better. That little elated scream he lets out? That's me at five o'clock.

Tomorrow, I find out the final tally on my credit cards. Long story short, I'll have my parents paid back in less than 17 months. That's not just some forecast based on some pre-determined payment plan...that's my promise to myself. I will have this completely off my chest by my 31st birthday. NO exceptions.

Why have I decided this? Because I realized that my 31st birthday falls on a Friday, and with the payment schedule I will have set up for myself, the first time I will have no payment to make will be that week. I will try as hard as I can to get some overtime the week before so I can afford to have an all-weekend party for myself. More on this as it develops.

As soon as the final figures come in tomorrow on what I owe to my folks, the countdown begins. Every cent of disposable income will go towards paying them back. My social life and entertainment budget might suffer, but it'll be soooo worth it.

No comments: