Apr 3, 2006

Answers

I've been abnormally secretive in my posts in the past week for various reasons. The speculations I've heard from my friends sometimes bordered on the just plain wrong (as evidenced by Steve's doggie blowjob/Crash Test Dummies guess in the comments last week). However, now that I have had a clear talk with a certain someone, I'm ready to talk about it all...well, not ALL of it, mind you.

I kinda met this girl, you see, and she and I have been hanging out quite a bit over the past week. Given my decision to lay off of the dating thing for a while, this kinda snuck up on me, and I was confused on how to approach it. so, I had to ask myself some very important questions, and scarily enough, I answered them:

1. Am I really in the right mindset to start dating someone seriously? No, not yet.

2. Is she? Chances are on the nil side of not likely.

3. Do I like her? Yes. She is a talented artist (which scores high in my book), she is brilliantly sarcastic (also scores high), and she is very attractive.

4. Does she like me? It's my experience that no one would hang out with me this much in one week if they didn't like me quite a bit.

5. So, what's with all the secrecy? My first rule of this blog is what I write has to be either the heartfelt truth or obvious bullshit, and given that I was unsure what the hell was going on, it would be hard to tell which was which.

6. So, what happens now? Who the hell knows. Situations being as they are in each of our lives, neither one of us is in any postion to get attached. However, that's not gonna stop us from hanging out and having fun. She says play it by ear, and that sounds pretty damned logical to me.

7. What is the Capital of North Dakota? That would be Bismark.

8. Was all of the secrecy really worth it? Given that she found my blog, I didn't want to post anything too revealing about her or what I was thinking about the whole thing for fear that I would offend her or worse yet consider a restraining order. But after talking with her last night and we aired everything out, the suspenseful buildup to this disclosure ended up to be equivalent to a season finale cliffhanger during the later years of Dallas. I'm sure a lot of you were expecting head-over-heels, but instead you got "Bobby's not dead, it was only a dream". Sorry about that, folks. I wish there was bigger news than just hanging out with someone new. I only wish that I had sorted all this out two days ago and played it off like a big April fool's joke.

So, please, go back into your homes...there's nothing to see here.

1 comment:

CleverName said...

Bismark! Damn, I knew that one.