Apr 16, 2006

I politely agrued with the law and the law won

The past few days driving home from work, I kept seeing this one truck in my neighborhood that had a bumbersticker that reads, "If it has tits or wheels, it will cause you problems". What a charmer, huh? Gee, can you imagine what this guy's eHarmony.com profile must be like?

The past few days have been nuts to say the least. Tons of work, roommate's been out of town, and most of my free time have been spent with Libby. To tell the truth, I really like this girl, and she really likes me. I would've never expected either of those scenarios before I met her.

She's smart, funny, unbelievably sexy, and loads of fun to be around. For years, I've had it in my head that when I go out with a girl, we always have to be doing something, but with her it's different. Just being in the same room as her is exciting as hell. I have a feeling she feels the same way as me, judging from the fact that she hung out with me for almost two hours while I was working the door at Arnie's Saturday night.

Friday night, she and I went to see Hosty Duo at Arnie's. Man, those guys are good!. Normally, I tend to wimp out on shows before they finish playing, but I stayed because A) Libby was with me, and B) I was having a great time listening to the band.After leaving the bar, Libby was following my car when she got pulled over by a Sherrif's Deputy. So, being the concerned date, I pulled over with her. Big mistake, according to the deputy.

The cop toldme-nay, scolded me-that there's a lot of gang activity in this town, and that gang members are always looking for an excuse to ambush a cop. I was about to ask him if I honestly looked like a gang member to him, but then I remembered he was armed. He nearly drew his weapon when he saw me put my keys in my pockets. He asked me how much I had to drink that night, and I told him four beers since 8:30 (leaving out the two shots I also had), and that I had switched to sodas about an hour and a half earlier. He gave me this chewing out about how the alcohol would still be in my system and that I probably shouldn't be driving. He might have had a point if, say, I was 5'6", 120 lbs., but I'm 6"2", 250 lbs. I know my limits, but again, I wasn't gonna point that out to him. I just accepted my ass-chewing, got back in my car and drove off when he was done with both of us.

He also asked about my out-of-state tags as if I was some sort of car thief. When I explained that it was my stepdad's car that I'm just making the payments on, he dropped the accusatory tone.

I mean, I thought the credo was "to protect and serve". No where in those four words did I read, "and be a paranoid, unreasonable dickwad". At least I got off with a warning. Otherwise, I would've gone to the county lockup...and I'm too pretty to survive in prison.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got caught by their speedtrap on the BA on Friday. Anybody want my plasma? I've got to scrape up $120 for my ticket.

The reason you haven't been blogging has a name, and her name is Libby! Pretty cool. Go, Frisky!