Sep 23, 2007

Wednesday through Sunday

Wednesday was a pretty rough day at work. Not because of the workload, but because my boss and I had a huge argument first thing in the morning, which pretty much set my mood for the rest of the day. Strangely enough, being severely pissed off really increases my productivity, so all the work went by pretty fast. Any aggression left over at the end of the work day was burned up helping a friend move a piano to a bar downtown.

Thursday was fairly uneventful. Went to work, went home, went to Arnie's Bar. The rest I think I covered in the last post.

Friday was date night. Dinner at the Japanese steakhouse and drinks at a bar across the street. I caved on the no smoking thing. Big time. I smoked half a pack of Camels (regulars, not my usual lights). I wound up having only one beer over the course of the night, but I had the worst smoker's hangover I've ever had.

Most of the day Saturday was spent on the sofa, where I finished up the other half of that pack of smokes from Friday. The only time I got up was to go get groceries and attempt to find a new lazy Susan plate for my microwave. The last one got broken the other day, leaving me with a freezer full of microwave only food that now won't cook thoroughly.

Saturday night was the Assorted Jellies and Jams show at the Blank Slate, a burlesque revue that my friends Mary and Amy were playing in (playing music, that is, not the burlesque part). It was a great time. I even got to finally meet one of my Myspace friends for the first time in person. Gee, that only took a year.

I also got to enjoy hearing the piano I helped move earlier in the week. Good to know my driving didn't knock the sucker out of tune.

At the show, I heard two things I never thought I'd hear. The first came from a guy behind me during the first striptease. The lovely lady on stage, a professional in the art of burlesque, had just artfully removed her bustier, and had done her final tease to the crowd and lifted her arms in a TADAA! fashion. That's when the jackass behind me said, "Aw, man! They're wearing pasties!"

The other weird thing I heard was from my friend Mary. We were talking during the show, and she interrupted me to say "Hold that thought. You gotta watch this girl strip." How often does a man get to hear that sentence coming from a woman.

Which brings us to Sunday. Laundry, couch time, visiting friends and helping move the piano back.

No comments: