Oct 16, 2007

Nothing new to report.

Every once and a while, my life hits a level of neutral buoyancy. I'm not soaring to the stratosphere, but I'm not sinking to the bottom of the abyss, either.

Things at work slow down, drama in my personal life is at a more than manageable level and most of the things that cause me worry have already been taken care of, or are on auto-pilot. It's at times like these that I tend to go into obsessive compulsive mode...constantly checking and rechecking things to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

You know what I've found? Nothing. All my bills are paid. I'm caught up on my sleep. My work's getting done every day. All of my friends are there for me. Everything's good right now. Sure, there's some cleaning that needs to be done around here, but I've seen this place a lot worse, so there's no rush. Fritschie, sit back and relax.

The shocking thing is, I am sitting back and relaxing. I'm oddly at peace with the world and vice versa. Any news that comes my way next, good or bad, I'm certain I can handle with a level head and steady hand. My options right now are wide open and God knows I'm not in any rush.

The problem with this state of mind is, the blog suffers. I've got no frustrations to vent. There are no problems to sort out. There's no ennui to pine about. Right now, all my basic needs are being met. Food, shelter, clothing, human interaction, and (thanks to overestimating the demand for refreshments at my party on Saturday) I've got enough alcohol in my fridge to ensure that my furniture remains extra-comfortable in my off-duty hours.

However, for the sake of keeping this blog fairly up-to-date, I'm resorting to stream of consciousness writing. I gotta admit, though...it's harder to do without my normal thousand thoughts rattling around in my brain and that bottle of tension headache medication going unopened for more than a day. So, enough with writing about what boils down to a period of non-events in my life and, in turn, boring the reader. I'm going to bed early.

No comments: