Oct 4, 2007

Thursday night drunken rant

Tonight was the first time I've felt close to normal in the past ten or so days. The sad part is that alcohol was involved.

Today was frustrating to say the least. I went back and forth today with a client on the east coast about some files that I sent her. The thing is that I send her the files the same way every time, but somehow they wouldn't work on her computer today. All signs pointed to a problem with her computer, but in the true ironic nature of the universe, the files worked just fine if I sent them to my boss first and had him forward them along to her. Just my luck, just when I start to feel vindicated, it turns out the problem is my fault.

Ive also had other things happen to me along the same lines, but I won't get into them here until the sense of impending doom possibly becomes a full-blown reality. As mentioned in the last post, even if the worst-case scenario comes to fruition, everything will be alright in the long run. Suffice to say that I apparently lack the emotional energy and the bargaining power needed to prevent what I think will happen. More on this as it develops.

As for the immediate future, my boss will be leaving early tomorrow, so I'm at least assured a quiet end to my work week, followed by a weekend off. Perhaps some pampering is in order, but who knows...maybe just some rest will do the trick.

No comments: