Oct 11, 2008

Busy, blech, bomb, better

Another long gap in posts, but I've got a good excuse this time. the past two weeks have been a mix of being busy, being sick and being without a computer at home.

At work, I've had a steady stream of projects with only one thing in common, they've all sat on the clients' desks until the last possible minute. So, I've had the pain of having to work my ass of without the benefit of overtime.

Work was starting to lighten up on Wednesday, just in time for me to start feeling sick. Sore throat, fever, and that overall shitty feeling made me stay at home on Wednesday night and almost call on sick on Thursday. I probably should have considering that my illness and nearly incapacitating cold medicine didn't keep my boss from yelling at me during the morning meeting.

That worked wonders, by the way. Nothing draws one's mind off being sick more than being extremely pissed off. It's the distraction principle. It's the same reason your headache goes away as soon as someone sticks your hand in blender and hits "Puree". But I got through it.

This past Tuesday, the motherboard on the laptop fried on me. The Lappy II is dead. Long live the Lappy II. just as I was trying to burn an important file to disk. So, on Friday, I had the guys at MegaWatts transfer the hard drive contents over to a used G4 tower they had in stock. And, whomever set up the system on that thing screwed something up, because i had to burn backups of all my files and reformat the hard drive.

I've got it all set up now, and it rocks. This is my inaugural blog post on Buford I. It's not too powerful, but it's got room to expand, which is a lot more than I could say for the Lappy. But it serves its purpose.

No comments: