Oct 3, 2008

What I've been up to

One thought I've had repeating through my head is how I need to devote more time to my blog again. I've been a real slacker over the past few months. This used to be what I did to unload all the shit in my head. Either I'm so damn busy lately or I'm channeling a lot of that need to vent into my stand-up routines, but I feel bad that I'm only doing this once a week.

Since my last post, I've been swamped with work and various other projects, and I guess I'll go one by one:

THE MSG ALLERGY

The comedy club owners just kinda shrugged at the news of my allergy. I guess it's just agreed that not everyone will have the same reaction to the cheese sauce, and no one else has complained about it, so stay the course.

MY BAD LUCK WITH THE GAS COMPANY

On Sunday night, I went into the office to clean out our processor. When I arrived, the flood lights next door were on, as they usually are from dusk to dawn. But when I came out an hour later, the lights were off, there was a loud hissing sound, and the smell of gas in the air. Turns out that while I was inside, someone had rammed into the gas meter and took off. So, I called it into the gas company.

Yep, one week after dealing with my neighbor getting my gas shut off because of a leak, I'm calling ina a leak to my neighbor at the office. Poetic, isn't it?

POLITICS

After watching the two debates, I'll be posting another of my "Political cures that may be worse than the disease" this weekend. That being said, with everything that's happening with the economy and the bailout, it's gonna be satisfying to watch McCain go in to full meltdown mode in the coming weeks, and see Palin with that blank smile on her face wondering if this is normal.

WORK

One minor frustration after another. Moving on.

THE STATE FAIR

Fuck that. I can deep-fry things at home for a lot cheaper.

STAND-UP

Went up Wednesday night at the club and did really well. I'm going up at the Nightingale this Sunday. My first ten-minute set. Should be fun.

OVERALL MOOD

I'm starting to feel that itch to change some things in my life, particularly in the romance department. I'm mostly getting tired of being living proof that nice guys always finish last. For years, I've been the go-to guy for advice to help women understand the jerks in their lives. As if I can relate to that mindset in any way, shape or form. It's just something that's really starting to irk the living shit out of me.

I mean, you wouldn't go to a restaurant, order a hamburger, then complain non-stop that it's not a steak, right? Even if a steak is readily available there?

I guess I'm just tired of dealing with women asking why can't they have this and that, and all they respond to is what they want to hear, but meanwhile I'm sitting there thinking, "I got that, that too, etc."

No comments: