May 24, 2006

National exposure for being too busy/lazy to find an apartment

Let me set the scene. I'm at work Monday, completely stressed out. I decide to take a little break and check my email. One message is waiting for me...from a reporter from a big national magazine (I won't mention the name for fear of being sued, suffice to say that it has one of the highest distribution rates of any magazine in the country). Turns out, to coincide with the release of the upcoming movie The Break-Up, they're doing a little piece on couples who continue to live together after they break up. Apparently, they did a google search on "living with my ex" and they found my blog.

I respond to the email and see what it's all about. Sometime next week, I'll have to sit down for an hour or so and be interviewed. Candy and I are gonna have our pictures taken. Still, this is no guarantee that we'll even make it into the article. I think the fact that we'll be in the middle of packing up to move out may have put an interesting spin on the premise.

As soon as I hit SEND on the reply email, I turn around to find my boss standing behind me wearing his bicycle shorts. He was about to go for a bike ride...innocent enough...but after the weirdness behind that email and seeing my boss like that, I halfway expected a midget on fire to run through the room.

I mean, of all of those unique qualities of my life, and of all the things to get national recognition for, it's the fact that Candy and I were too lazy to want to move topped the list.

I can't help but think of many years from now, when I'm old and gray, I'll be going through some baxes in the attic and come across a copy of this magazine, read it again, and laugh my ass off. I'm hoping and praying that this won't be my proverbial fifteen minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's pretty awesome! How come no major magazines Google 'masturbating dogfucker" and want to do an article on me!? At some point you'll have to clue us (or at least ME) into what the name of the magazine is so we can look for the article. At least give us a hint: Does it rhyme with "Snoozeweek" or "Haxim?" Perhaps "Rozmopolitan?"