May 18, 2006

A quick update

It's now Thursday, 1:39 a.m., I've put in 44 hours so far this week...I've got at least another 30 to go. I'm waiting on two things at the moment: The laser printer spitting out proof pages, and for the caafeine to wear off enough for me to go home and get some sleep.

This is what the month of May is generally like for me. However, this one is quite different. The big project we're working on is 20% larger than it has been in previous years, we're running about five days behind, and we have 16 days from today to have this frickin' thing finished and in the customer's hands. I've had to remind my boss at least five times every day that we will make it on time, even if it hairlips the Governor (as my boss always says).

I've lost ten pounds in the past week and a half due to stress, all I've had to eat is whatever the drive-thru can give me in less than five minutes, and I'm feeling surprisingly fine about it all. On the other hand, I know this whole thing is really trying Libby's patience. She texts me every night asking me if I'm done. She wants to see me and I really want to see her. Once this is all over, I need to make this all up to her. Maybe a really nice dinner may be in order. Of course, my main concern with that is trying not to fall asleep in my soup.

1 comment:

CleverName said...

Yea, but you're still going to Arnie's tonight, right?