Apr 14, 2007

Just what I need: More movies

Okay, Vintage Stock is pure evil. I've been there twice this week and I've bought five movies:

L.A. Story - I used to own this one. In fact it was the first DVD I ever bought. I think I lent it out before I moved back to Tulsa and forgot who I lent it out to. That was six years ago, and the reason I hadn't bought it again was that it was one of those movies I watched so much that owning it was kind of a moot point. The same holds true for Ghostbusters, Airplane!, Back to the Future, etc.

The Man with Two Brains - I saw this on the shelf and decided that I need to go ahead and get every movie written by Steve Martin. I'm now three down (along with Bowfinger), and I've got eight more to go.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind - I owned this once on VHS. I got it as a present from someone who remembered this one time when I started sculpting my mashed potatoes at dinner in reference to the film. They gift wrapped it with a box of instant mashed potatoes. Plus, this flick settles my problem linking Jaws in with my other films through co-stars.

A Mighty Wind - This film seems so much funnier the more folk musicians I meet.

Before Sunset - The prequel to this film, Before Sunrise, is one of the films I always have someone I'm involved in watch or know that they've watched in the past. They don't have to like it...I'm not that shallow. They just have to understand why I like it. I was kinda jazzed when I found out they were doing a sequel, but at the time I watched it for the first time, a lot of what they were talking about in the film, particularly the heavy moments, hit a little too close to home. Julie Delpy's character's more cynical views on love were almost word for word what this one girl I was trying to date had told me when she shot me down. Enough time has passed now that I can view this film from a healthier perspective.


Now, I have to get a new DVD shelf to hold all the extra movies.

No comments: