May 22, 2007

Every entry in my day planner ends in "-ish"

A word of warning for everyone I know: Time estimates from me don't mean shit. Last night, I told my boss I'd have to leave around 7:30, but he asked me to sty a bit longer. I told him Id be able to get a lot done by around 9:30. I left at midnight having not completed what I said I would be able to get done.

Tonight, the opposite happened. I initially told my boss I'd be able to pull another midnighter, but I left at 9:30 because I couldn't focus my eyes on the screen anymore and hoped to get a full night's sleep. However, just when I get home, I get a bit of a second wind, and I decide to put together my drafting table. Again, my time estimation proved to be wrong.

It's not that I'm an unreliable worker. I'm just going through the phase of the big project where my body is wanting to throw a few curve balls into the workflow.

Tomorrow, I may just end up pulling an allnighter in order to get enough done to assure myself at least one day off on Memorial Day weekend.

The caffeine should be exiting my system in a few minutes, but the insomnia could mean I'll be up for another hour. But don't call me on that...I've been wrong before.

No comments: