Nov 7, 2007

Illness, vacuuming, art shows, and Biff

I'm getting sick of being sick, but the good news is that everything is exiting the sinuses, moving down to the lungs and solidifying into manageable chunks to hack up. Pretty sad that this is good news. The big problem now is how sore my chest is getting coughing all that stuff up. Another day or two and I should be back to 100% efficiency.

So, how's everything else? Well, work has been a lot of fun on the cold medicine, but I'm getting a lot of stuff done. I almost called in sick today, but I wisely decided to go in. Enough people at work have been calling in sick, leaving a lot of work for the rest of us to take care of in their absence. Besides, with there being only me in the art department, it would create quite a logjam, and I'm lucky enough to be one of the only people at the office who does all of his work at a desk. Another benefit of being alone there, I'm not annoying everyone with my coughing, blowing my nose and the thick stench of VapoRub.

Yesterday, my boss asked me to take a few minutes and clean up my office. I've been meaning to do it for months, but being sick and using a fifteen year old vacuum cleaner in a closed space probably wasn't such a great idea.

In other news, This past week, I ramped up efforts to organize my cult classic art show. Much to my surprise, Over the past two days, I've nearly quadrupled my number of entries. This thing is gonna be fun. I'm pretty much signing people up for this sight unseen as far as their artistic abilities are concerned. But, their enthusiasm is outstanding. And the range of mediums is gonna provide for an interesting show. We'll have oils, acrylics, ceramics, pencil, mixed media, digital illustration, etc. This is starting to shape up into something really cool.

I have had to urge people into some different directions. The gallery space I'm hoping for has some stipulations as far as content is concerned. They want us to keep the violence, sexuality and drug use to a minimum. Might be tricky with such films as Boondock Saints, Evil Dead, Blue Velvet, Friday and Secretary. Some of the solutions for these issues are nothing short of brilliant. More on this as it develops.

Lastly, I was watching my DVRed episode of House, and one of the guest stars was Tom Wilson...Biff from Back to the Future. I found it kinda funny how eerily accurate the old age makeup in that film has proved to be. He wasn't a big player in this episode, but he was there enough to make me want to watch BTTF again real soon.

No comments: