Nov 1, 2007

At least I still got my health...sorta

Yesterday, I lost my temper at work and punched the wall on my way back to my office. Well, not so much punch as slammed my palm against the wall. And by "the wall", I mean I miscalculated the distance and hit the metal door jamb. It hurt like a motherfucker.

And it still hurts. I've got a huge bruise right on the ball of my right palm. I've got it all wrapped up pretty tight in an Ace bandage, and it's not so much easing the pain as it is limiting my mobility to keep me from moving it to the point it hurts. The good news is, it's not effecting my work, except when I use the space bar when I type. An occupational hazard for both a typesetter and a blogger. So, I'll be brief.

In addition to my injury, I'm starting to get sick. Sneezing, itchy throat, ears filling up, the whole shebang. Just in time for the weekend!

Tonight is Arnie's Bar night, and I'm off to self-medicate.

No comments: