Nov 12, 2007

Work

The art show ball is rolling, and I'm trying to keep up with the pace. The further along we get on this, I realize how much more has to be done, and I'm amazed by how well I'm handling it all. A few years ago, I'd be shitting a brick right about now. But the me of today has no hardened clay in his bowels.

Last week, my boss got his classic stereo (complete with turntable) all fixed up and hooked up at the office. While testing it out, he turned it up to level two and you could feel the bass pounding your chest in the next room. Friday, after work, we all enjoyed some old school rock tunes while we had our end of the week frosty beverages. It was awesome.

Today, he wired up the office intercom speakers to the auxiliary output on the stereo. Those things haven't been plugged in for years, and the little knobs in each of our offices that have been a mystery all that time finally had a purpose: controlling volume. He switched it over to the classical radio station and walked around to check all of the speakers in the building.

This was just a test to see how well they worked, but everyone in the office all had the same question on their minds: "Are we all gonna have to listen to this stuff all the time now?" Of course not, but the classical music reminded me of that one scene in the Shawshank Redemption, and I was a little bit disheartened by the comparison of job to prison.

Things will be thankfully slowing down for the fall very soon, and I'm looking forward to a slow week.

No comments: