Mar 3, 2007

My goals out of life

I'm currently sitting at my computer, chain-smoking while the Departed is playing in the living room. I justr got through writing about three pages worth of ranting and raving about my current station in life. I closed the window without saving it, because I felt that it wasn't a constructive line of reasoning. I was dwelling too much on the failures in my past and how little I'm doing about it in the present.

So, to take my thought processes in a new direction, I'm making a list of rational, easily obtainable goals I will meet out of life:

- I will open my home to more people. The party last week was a really good time, and it's a shame that I've treated my home like the Fortress of Solitude for this long.

- More home-cooked meals. It's getting pretty sad that my taste in food at any given moment is based mostly on the closest drive-thru.

- Be more assertive. There's a difference between being a pacifist and being a pushover.

- Break my patterns. Do at least one thing a day out of my normal routine, and at least one thing a week that normally scares the living shit out of me.

- Shut out the world for a specific period of time on a regular basis. Turn off the phone, forget about work, and not think of anything but an afternoon in the park, a quiet meal in a nice restaurant with only a notebook for a date or simply a James Bond movie on the sofa.

- Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, and don't mess with Mr. In-between.

- Focus more on definition instead of rationalization.

- Stop procrastinating so much. If something needs to be done, DO IT!

- Whatever conflict happens in the room, stays in that room. A bad day at work stays at the office. Worrying about what bills have to get paid is not gonna cloud my mind when I'm not at home.

No comments: