Aug 16, 2007

New year, new quaff

I did something today I hadn't done in 2 1/2 years: Paid for a haircut.

For the price of one haircut, I bought a set of trimmers 2 1/2 years ago. It's served me well in that time...and in all that time, every hair on my head has been roughly even with the next one. I'll admit that the number two guard all around wasn't the best look for me, but I've been saving tons of money as a result.

One year ago, I shaved my head down to the scalp, and it has not been cut since. However, with the air conditioning in the truck being on the fritz, the photo shoot I gotta do tomorrow, and the visit to the family this weekend, it was time to do a little shaping.

My needs were simple this time around. All I needed was something that looked nice and wouldn't look too screwed up if I decided to go another year before cutting it again. It was an exercise in blind trust. Literally. I let a stranger obey my vague orders of trimming the sides and the back with my glasses off the whole time. Fortunately, it worked out fine, and I even splurged on some tea tree styling cream, which is kinda sad considering that it'll count as my birthday present to myself.

Now, I'm off to dinner with my friends, then out for drinks. Good times, noodle salad.

No comments: