Aug 17, 2006

Am I a deadbeat or a victim...find out next week!

I just talked to the landlord. As it turns out, their office manager has been embezzling from the company for about 3-4 months now. She's been targeting specific accounts, pocketing any cash payments and stealing the money order payments somehow... and guess who was one of the targeted accounts?

So, the landlord is trying to sort everything out while at the same time trying to build up any evidence for the D.A. against this theiving bitch. My June and July payments were not recorded into the books, I had a receipt for June, but july is gonna be trickier. The recipt stub I thought I found was actually for a Consumer Credit payment from last year. In order for me to prove my payment, I need to have QuikTrip check their records, plus I need to get fresh receipts from Home Depot and Lowes for the parts I bought to fix my shower that was taken out of that month's rent.

The landlord told me that they're still trying to backtrack on the books, look through all of the records they have and try to separate the victims of this scam from the people who just didn't pay their rent. I've been told to call back in a week, so I have one week to get my paperwork in order.

This will be the last I speak of this today. I have already wasted half of my birthday worrying about this shit. I am now gonna go out and enjoy the rest of my birthday, and I will not even think about any of this mess until 2:00 tomorrow afternoon...24 hours from the moment I click "Publish Post".

No comments: