Aug 28, 2006

Think my standards are a tad high?

I had originally planned to write this long diatribe about the nature of the business I'm in, but I'll give you the short version instead:

There are a lot of people in the graphic arts field that have absolutely no clue what they're doing. The thing that chaps my ass the most about this is the fact that these people make (not neccessarily EARN) twice as much a year as I do. One could say that this is my fault for not taking the same career path as they do. One would be right to say that. However, if I did follow that path, and the day I became self-aware of my own bullshit and how I've essentially failed upwards all this time, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Okay, enough of the working class hero bullshit.

While working late tonight, I had an old Mystery Science Theater episode playing in the background. One line I heard was pure genius:

Guy in the movie: "Only the good die young."

Ton Servo: "The rest of us are morally ambiguous, which explains our random dying patterns."

I got home from work and punched up Countdown with Keith Olbermann on the DVR. Allison Stewart was sitting in for him tonight. I've had a huge crush on her ever since she was at MTV News. She's one of those news personalities that could be warning me that a nuclear warhead is heading straight towards my apartment and I'll still be thinking, "You're pretty."

Flipping through channels after it was over, I found myself stopping on Rachael Ray...yet another of my "the only thing keeping me from licking the screen right now is the realization that you're completely out of my league" TV crushes.

As if that wasn't enough, I watched a DVRed episode of CSI: Miami, and it was a Calleigh Duquesne-heavy episode. Ahhhh...Emily Procter. I would completely honor the restraining order if she'd only read it to me out loud in that beautiful southern accent of hers.

Perhaps the no-dating pledge was a good idea. With a night of TV like tonight, the bar is set pretty high.

No comments: