Aug 18, 2006

The man can no longer be trusted

Don't trust anyone over 30, as my parent's generation used to say. I, Daniel Joseph Fritschie, can no longer be trusted.

As soon as I got done with my last post, I headed straight to the theater and caught a movie. Looking at the list of movies to choose from, I was faced with three choices: Movies I don't ever want to see, movies I want to see eventually but really weren't happy enough to qualify as a birthday movie, and movies I have already seen. I played it safe and saw Clerks II for the second time. I was the only one in the theater. It was fucking great.

I left the theater feeling really good. I went home to veg out for a while, then went out to dinner with my friends Gene & Heather. Metro Diner, roast beef, mashed potatoes, strawberry shake...all forming a nice base in my stomach for a night of heavy (for me at least) drinking.

Heather was my designated driver for the evening. We showed up at Arnie's and everyone had these little Bacardi light-up necklaces in their right hands waving at me...a nice little Logan's Run reference to start off the night.

I developed a system for keeping track of my alcohol consumption. I would have one necklace for each drink. If I was currently working on one drink, I would have the necklace set to be lit up full, and for each drink I have finished, I'd set it to blink. By the time I left for the night, I was losing track of the lit full/blink system, and as I daisy-chained the neckalces together thoughout the night, it became a bandolier. I found ten necklaces in my pocket this morning. If I'm remembering correctly, it was five shots and five beers over four hours.

I woke up around eight this morning and my headache never allowed me to fall back asleep. I went down to QuikTrip for about a gallon of Gatorade. It's three in the afternoon right now, and I'm feeling almost back to normal. However, for some reason, I'm craving pizza BIG TIME.

All in all, a happy birthday was had. Now, I'm gonna head out to get some pizza, do a little writing, and enjoy my last couple days of vacation.

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

Clerks II is indeed worth seeing twice, if only to catch the bits I laughed too loud through the first time!