Aug 23, 2006

Five out of Se7en

There's still a lot of work left to do, but I'm taking the night off. For no other reason than I was getting to the point where the next person to ask if I'd gotten to their job was getting kicked square in the nuts (or equally sensitive area).

A client got a repreive on his ad deadline, which normally would mean a sigh of relief because instead of cutting it close to the wire we are early, right? Not to this guy. To him, this means a whole new round of intensive Photoshop revisions. I had to keep thinking to myself "He pays his bills on time...He pays his bills on time..."

That covers wrath. The huge pizza dinner I had delivered and ate too much of takes care of gluttony. The fact that I feel good about the amount of work I've done in the past three days...pride. I spent five minutes checking out my receding hairline in the mirror...vanity.

I don't have enough money to be greedy. You need a taste of wealth to crave it. I have no energy to lust, but I envy those that do. So, as far as deadly sins go, I'm five out of seven for the day.

That's enough to make me want to go to bed early.

No comments: