Dec 12, 2005

Getting my shit together


My room is, generally speaking, always a pig sty. This weekend, I was fed up with it. So, I set about sorting it all out, and the only way I could ensure that it would get done right was to rearrange the furniture as well. The only problem when I got everything in its place, there was a void. I had left a three foot space along the wall, and I didn't have anything to go there.

The situation presented itself when I went down to Arnie's Saturday night. They were having a drawing for a portable bar...basically a long, narrow folding table with a shelf for alcohol When I showed up, only fifteen people were there, by the time the name was drawn, there were about fifty. The odds were in my favor.

Sure enough, they went to announce the winner: "The winner is Dan....Fffffrrrriiii..." Three or four people, myself included, corrected the guy, "FRITSCHIE!"

The bar fit perfectly in the space I had left in my room. By the time I had everything sorted out on Sunday afternoon, I had a big white trash bag full of junk and another full of old clothes that either don't fit me anymore or are far out of fashion even for me.

I also managed to get caught up on my DVD watching while I was cleaning up. If you have some spring cleaning, I highly reccommend having The Aviator on in the background. If you feel like you're going a little overboard about being a neat-freak, it helps to watch DiCaprio go totally apeshit with OCD. You may be a pack-rat, but at least you're not saving your piss in milk jugs.

No comments: