Dec 3, 2005

Good Night and Good Luck

I finally checked out Good Night and Good Luck tonight. For someone like myself who leans to the left politically, this movie was awesome.

If there's any justice in the world, David Strathairn as Edward R. Morrow should win every best actor award known to man. Equal kudos to the rest of the cast, including Ray Wise as Don Hollenbeck, who I hope will be up for best supporting actor.

Almost every article written about this movie is all about how it is a driect commentary on the current political climate, so I won't bore you with the liberal ranting. Speaking as a person leaning to the left politically, I won't deny this at all. In fact, upon leaving the theater I wanted to immediately burn down Fox News HQ.

The message I took from this movie was that those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The big switcheroo between then and now is that the people who are spreading the fear and paranoia aren't just the people in charge, it's also the people paid to talk about it on TV.

The only complaint is that the movie credited Morrow too much in the downfall of Joseph McCarthy, when it was only a small part of it. McCarthy really brought it all upon himself...as I hope and pray will happen to people like Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and all of these self-RIGHTeous pricks who think they're made of teflon.

No comments: