Dec 19, 2005

Not what I ordered

Today I stopped by McDonald's for lunch. I was five miles away before I realized that they got my order wrong. The first clue? Going for a drink of Dr. Pepper and getting a swig of vanilla milkshake. Instead of my McChicken sandwich, I got a Double Quarter (Royale) with cheese and an extra cheeseburger. Oh, well...It was an upgrade, so I ate it.

I generally don't try to return drive-thru fast food. Not because I'm prone to settling for whatever crap life deals to me, but because I'm always miles away before I realize I'm screwed. Was a crappy McChicken sandwich really with the gas money to go back and get the order right. Besides, I like to think about the guy that mistakenly got my food. Maybe he drove back and complained about his wrong order. Then the McDonald's employees are left with the burning question: "What the hell happened to his food? No one brought it back...could it still around here somewhere?"

No comments: