Dec 7, 2005

Too frickin' cold to do anything

The snow started late this afternoon. By the time I was leaving work It was nothing but a fine powder. The cars driving on the road were kicking up the snow and it looked like the northern lights was following everyone whereever they went.

I was supposed to meet some friends for sushi tonight. On my way home I called to check to see if it was still on. They cancelled on me. I got a phone call several minutes later saying it was back on. Before I was gonna get ready to go, they called me back yet again. They took a look outside and said, "Hell,no!"

So, I was left to fend for myself, which meant soup, TV and internet. By the time I went outside fo a smoke, there was an inch of snow on the ground.

I've been flipping back and forth between Daredevil, poker and Food Network. Some nights, it's all about Ben Affleck in red tights, scummy middle-aged guys playing cards, and hot female chefs dipping things in chocolate.

No comments: