Feb 6, 2006

Four quick little stories

I call my friends to see if they wanted to go catch a movie before the Super Bowl. At the time my friends knew they would be up and around, we had very few movies to choose from if we wanted to be outta there in time for kick-off. It basically boiled down to Underworld: Evolution. Another friend of mine, who had seen it a couple weeks ago, said that he has never enjoyed a movie so much and yet had no clue what was going on. I agree with that assessment. I will say this: two hours of watching vampires and werewolves ripping each other to shreds really got me ready for some FOOTBALL!

Today, I went to lunch at my favorite Chinese buffet. The meal had gone flawless until I went up and got dessert (because nothing screams "authentic Chinese cuisine" like a big bowl of tapioca pudding). The pudding itself was really good...it was the lady at the booth next to me that was blowing her nose for fifteen frickin' minutes that ruined my appetite. While she was trying to dislodge her own body weight in mucus (if not the sinuses themselves), the last thing I needed to be eating was something chunky and viscous. Now, I understand that it is flu season, but for crying out loud, why would you come to a restaurant if you're feeling that bad, much less a buffet...with a rather liberal please-use-a-clean-plate-each-trip policy.

Speaking of being disgusted...I didn't hear a single word from my landlord about the broken toilet today. I had to call HIM when I got home to get the number for the plumber. The plumber said he was just fixing to call me (uh-huh) and that he'd be able to come down first thing in the morning. "How's about 8:30?" Gee, I was sitting here thinking to myself, "I wonder if my job is just optional?" So, I told him I'd call my boss and get back with him. I call my boss and it turns out he had a lot lined up for me for first thing in the morning, so I wind up back at work for about an hour taking care of those things so I can have a couple hours off in the morning. Happy happy, joy joy.

I got an email today from New Year's Eve Girl. She finally, and at great length, explained the situation to me. I think she was explaining it so I would understand, because I don't think she was explaining it to me in way that would make a relationship with her sound even remotely appealing. I wrote her back telling her how I saw things, which is that I've adopted a new philosophy when it comes to relationships: If it didn't work out and it has no bearing on how I live, or have lived my life until now, then I really don't have to give a shit about it, do I? I told her that if it hadn't been for my friends egging me on, I wouldn't have made a move, and if I had known about the ongoing relationship with Other Guy (which was at the time in the "off" part of the on agian/off again thing), then I definitely wouldn't have made a move. I told her that I harbor no ill will towards her or Other Guy, and that I hope we can all be friends...let bygones be bygones....just don't be expecting me to get all revved up again up she's single again in the future. Sorry, ladies, Rebound Man has hung up his uniform.

No comments: