Feb 22, 2006

More overtime

I'm coming on on 36 hours so far this week, all on ONE project. Currently, we're done, and I'm waiting on the files to finish compressing so we can get it on our output bureau's FTP site.

Working so much on just this one project has meant I've had to put everything else on hold until at least tomorrow morning. This has also meant that I've had clients calling me left and right to wonder if their stuff is done. I've given them all the same line: "Sorry, I've had a huge project fall in my lap, and if I'm caught working on anything else, my boss will beat me into a coma, only to revive me and grind me into hamburger.

By the time I left on Monday night, we were 30% done. By Tuesday night's end, we were at 80%. We were at 95% when the client showed up to look at what we've done, but she quickly knocked back down into the 80's again. Two hours went by, with the client waffling so much that I could taste maple syrup. But we got the info we needed and quickly finished it all up.

So, now I'm done with the project, even though we should've been on the press with this shit over eight hours ago. Tomorrow morning, there'll be 36 projects backlogged for us to tackle.

I'm thinking that this weekend I'll call a friend to drive me around and I'll drink myself silly. I haven't done that in a while, and with the week I've had, I'll need the release.

No comments: