Oct 9, 2006

Moving right along

OKay, the problem with the internet at work has been solved. Turns out the big blue cable that I thought ran through the ceiling to the main router instead went back to the shipping and receiving computer in the back of the shop. The one that ran the internet was the one in the wall I thought was a dead end. I was able to get my computer to connect to the net wirelessly, but Shipping and Receiving has to come up front to print off FedEx labels. Oops!

I went down to Mercury Lounge tonight to listen to some music and have a few beers. I sat alone for most of the night and quietly reflected on the things in my life. One thought that occurred to me was that in the past year or so, my serious problems suddenly became "issues", and now I simply refer to them as "things in my life". If you graph the way things are going, strictly on terminology, I'll be refering to them as "oh, that".

As always, it seems that every question is answered with another question. However, the time between questions are less and less each time nowadays. A much-welcomed domino effect.

The money thing is on track, ten payments to go on the loan, and 25 on the car. I've got everything I need to live, and just enough left over to not go nuts about having no money to do anything else. My work is going well, partly because I'm trusted to do my job and partly because I've got them by the balls because they have no one else to do it.

Love life, that's another matter. I'm getting better every day, like I'm close to being completely operational emotionally. I'm thinking less about hardships of the past, worrying less about the future and feeling much more positively on the present. I know now that I'm not bulletproof, but then again, I'm not asking to be shot, either.

So, the question I face now is, what do I want? The answer is, what am I willing to work for? I can work and save for any material possession I want. Any love I want out of life is somewhere out there..whether it's around the corner or miles away is not important to me right now. All in all, I'm doing good.

No comments: