Oct 8, 2006

New office, no new computer

I now have a new office at work. I went in today and moved everything in and re-routed the network cables over the suspended ceiling. After seven hours, countless references to the six-foot salami joke from The Breakfast Club, two full vacuum bags and five sneezing fits from all the dust, I'm 95% done. All that's left is to re-configure the internet settings (somehow they reset themselves) and figure out a place for the color printer.

I got home covered in a mixture of dust, fiberglass insulation and lemon Pledge...not to mention sore as hell. A hot shower helped a lot. The pizza I just ordered combined with a night of digital cable will help even more.

Yesterday, I went online and figured out how much a new Mac system would cost me for home. I went pretty much brass tacks but with a few frivolous items (maxed ram, 80GB video iPod, screenwriting software, etc.). Altogether, it was about $2,300. I noticed they had a monthly payment option with no payments for six months. I called my folks to have them talk me out of it. I now know that they suck at that. They thought it was a good idea to rebuild my credit. Fortunate for my self-doubt on this idea that the credit company that handles this special offer is the same company I owed seven grand to until a few months ago. How about that, I'm on a blacklist!

It'll be best to just wait a while on the new computer. I got one at home that works okay and one at the office that works great. On the other hand, that 80GB iPod would be pretty sweet.

No comments: