Nov 27, 2006

Death of a Digital Camera


Two years and four months ago, I bought myself a little early birthday present: A Sony Cybershot Digital Camera. In that time, I have taken over 3,000 shots (only about 1,800 worth keeping). I've photographed everything from the obligatory shot of my own feet, to shots I've used in my work, to drunken shots of my friends in various - albeit goofy and goodnatured - stages of undress, to templates for digital illustrations I use as Christmas presents to my family to show them what I do with my college education...and my Wacom tablet.

It's been a good friend to me...but unfortunately, after a long illness that has heretofore been remedied by percussive maintenance, the Cybershot has gone to that great junk drawer in the sky. It is survived by two 128 MB Memory Sticks, a USB cable and an instruction manual.

In rememberance of the plucky little camera that could, I present to you the final photograph I was able to upload before the preview screen went dark. This photo was the result of a bored Sunday afternoon watching Ferris Beuller's Day Off on cable.

No funeral service will be held, but donations will be received on the camera's behalf. Proceeds will go towards a better, more professional grade camera. Please email me for further details.

No comments: