Nov 12, 2006

You're a lost wallet, Charlie Brown

As a man of my word, I went out first thing this morning to do laundry. When I got there, I realized I didn't have my wallet...I must have left it at home. I had cash with me, so I got a new laundry card and took care of business.

When I got home, I turned my place upside down looking for that damned wallet and couldn't find it anywhere. I checked out in the car, nothing. I drove back to the bar I was at last night, zip. My wallet was gone.

Driver's license, check card, social security card (I know, dumbass move), voter registration, medical insurance, laundry card with $20 charged to it, business cards, condom, treasure map, complete list of my allergies and crippling fears...okay, I made those last three up. The thing that pissed me off was the wallet itself. It was a tan canvas wallet with Charlie Brown on it with the word BLOCKHEAD above him.

I sent out a Myspace bulletin just in case someone at the bar last night picked it up. It was a long shot, seeing as I remember having the wallet at 10:00 last night and putting it in my back pocket. If it was gone, odds are it was stolen.

The thing is, I can't be too upset about losing all that stuff because I've been meaning to renew everything in there. The check car'd magnetic strip was almost shot and all my IDs had my old address on them. It's the inconvenience of having to do all that stuff at once that irked me.

I go to the office for a couple hours and when I got home, I pulled into the same parking space I used when I got home last night. Stepping out of mr car, I see the leaves piled up on the curb...with Charlie Brown's face looking right at me. My beloved wallet was back in my possession and all objects therein completely accounted for.

So, my check card is cancelled, but at least I have and ID to write checks with.

1 comment: