Jul 4, 2006

Cutting it a little close


Nineteen bucks. That is all that is left to my name until Wednesday afternoon. Seventeen of which came from CoinStarring all of my change today. Turns out I really needed to.

After I got up this morning, I checked my email and took a look at my bank balance. I was two dollars overdrawn. Looks like that little trip to Sonic yesterday was a bad idea, especially since I forgot about the sixteen dollar bar tab I charged at Arnie's. I had to get some money into my account right away or else suffer the overdraft charge. I deposited four bucks at an ATm, but seeing as it's the Fourth of July and the banks are closed, we'll see tomorrow if I'm screwed or not.

This is kinda ironic that I'm having this finacial trouble on Independence Day. I am being reminded of my own independence on this day because it's up to me to save my own ass. Sure, my folks have helped me out in the past, but I'm the kinda guy to wait until ever possibility is exhausted before I make THAT phone call. Besides, what kind of whiny bitchass calls his folks, who live in another state, over a matter of two bucks? Especially since I get paid the next day.

Until then, I've still got food in the fridge, plenty of smokes, digital cable and internet. Plus, I got a party to go to later to watch the fireworks.

Speaking of which, I didn't buy any fireworks this year. Not because I was broke, but because I wanted to have at least one Independence Day to go past without the words "Fritschie, you're on fire" being spoken.

No comments: