Jul 17, 2006

How the hell does this weird shit keep happening to me?


I talked to a friend on Friday night and she mentioned she was going to audition for a game show the next morning. I told her that if she got on the show for her to take me with her. Well, this morning she called me and told me she got a callback from the show, and she needed to take with her the four people she wants to be on the show with her...namely, me and our friend Mary (the other two people couldn't make it on such short notice).

We arrived kinda late due to traffic, but thankfully the game show people were running a bit behind. We had to help her fill out her questionaire, which, ironically asked: If you were to be in People magazine, what would they say about you? Too bad I wasn't the one being asked that.

They called her in for a little Q&A on camera, then brought the rest of us in for a dry run audition; an abbreviated version of the actual game to see how we'd play off and with each other. It was surreal to say the least. I think we did well, but we'll know in the next foru to five weeks if we make it on the show.

When I got up this morning, I decided not to shave or put on any really nice clothes because I didn't figure I'd be on camera at any point in the immediate future. That's what I get for assuming, I guess.

I have the strangest luck sometimes. If we do make it on the show, that'll be a magazine spread and a TV appearance in the same year. I can tell you that I'm definitely taking better care with my appearance just in case a walk-on role in a movie is just around the corner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for going Fritschie! If anything is going to get me on TV it's your presence. :)