Jul 31, 2006

Happy birthday, dear blog


The blog is one year old today, so I thought I'd recap the events of the last year, in case you missed it:

1. Tried to exercise everyday, but the siren song of the sofa was too great to resist. (August)

2. Attempted to quit smoking and failed miserably. (August)

3. Worked a shitload of overtime, drank a lot of alcohol and played the hell out of the Gamecube. (Continuous)

4. Broke up with my live-in girlfriend, continued to live together and wound up in People Magazine as a result. (October through May)

5. Compared myself to a mass murderer. (August)

6. Three Weddings. (Two in October, one in November, one in April)

7. Got hooked on Myspace (November to present)

8. Ran sound and a slideshow for a play.

9. Wrecked one and a half laptops...the second one still works, but has to be hooked up to a monitor. (September and January, respectively)

10. Tried and failed miserably at three potential relationships. I'm now taking some time off until I get my shit together. (December through May)

11. Received a loan from the First National Bank of Stepdad to cover my credit card debts. I'll be done paying them off by this time next year. (March)

12. Moved into my own place. (June)

13. Made it through twelve months of varying degrees of depression and confusion, and I feel that the blog is the reason I'm here today instead of being described by a neighbor as being a quiet man who didn't seem like a serial killer until that standoff with the cops.

No comments: