Jul 3, 2006

Wax paper, boiled football leather, dog breath


One of the great things about constantly being of two minds about anything is that at any given moment I'm right about something. I'm taking a four-day weekend, however I'm flat broke until Wednesday. I've been hanging around the house almost the entire time because I knew that if I went somewhere, I'd wind up spending money and wasting precious gasoline. Not a big deal, since I have plenty of food at the house to survive the weekend. On the other hand, I've had a touch of cabin fever, so I've been dying to get out of here.

So, this afternoon, I stepped out for a bit...and "a bit" turned out being down the street to Sonic where I proceeded to order a huge chili cheeseburger with chili, bacon and jalapenos, tater tots and a cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper. I have absolutely no impulse control whatsoever.

Arriving back at home deeply ashamed for having spent 1/8 of my bank account when I swore I wouldn't spend any money, I locked the door behind me and started dubbing off all those episodes of TiVo'd Ren & Stimpy I promised for a friend. I'm starting to relate a little too much to Space Madness at this point.

And now, I'm off to the fridge to see if I have any beloved ice cream bars left. No one understands me like they do.

No comments: