Jul 2, 2006

Somewhere between the lottery and wolverines


Yay! I got my photos set back up, and I will try to add new pics to each post.

This morning, Chuckles clawed my ankle to wake me up to feed him. After angrily dumping some Special Kitty tuna in his bowl, I showered, dressed and went for a walk downtown to take some pictures. Today's pic is one of them, the center of the universe.

My intermittant existential crisis came back a bit today. Staying at home most of yesterday left me kinda freaked out to stay home today. On the other hand, if I went out, I knew I was gonna spend money, which I knew I shouldn't do. With certain, specific things going on in my life - internal and external - I'm stuck in a weird mix of agoraphobia and cabin fever. I'm kinda scared to leave the apartment, yet staying home is driving me nuts. A little "me" time is feeling like another priority I feel I HAVE to get done, and it's a strange feeling that personal reflection and meditation gives me the same feeling as my cable bill needing to be paid.

So now, when someone asks me how I'm doing, I tell them I'm doing "okay". That word represents a pretty broad gray area, but it's a lot easier than saying, "Hey, I'm not winning the lottery, but then again I'm not being pulled apart by wolverines either."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, obey the Chuckles...candy:)