Nov 19, 2005

The geograp of yearnin

Last night's performance went great with a couple of exceptions. I have three jobs on this play: 1) to run sound cues, 2) run a slide show of title cards between each scene, and 3) to toss a bag of props on stage during the first scene of act 2.

When it came time to toss the bag, I wanted to try for a higher arc to make the bag appear like it was falling straight down from the sky. Well...My fingers slipped as I was making the toss, which caused the bag to hit the slide projector, which in turn knocked it out of alignment with the curtain it projects on. I am just so surprised and thankful that it didn't knock the projector off the shelf completely. Instead, we just had to deal with the right 1/3 of the slide being cut off.

One slide read:
GO GO BOO
OR
ROCK & ROLL
HERE TO STA

And my favorite:
THE GEOGRAP
OF YEARNIN

After the show, in lieu of our own cast party, we crashed another theater troupe's cast party. Ah...theater on the cheap. All I'll say about the party is this: Musical theater people + a karaoke machine - the need to stay in one character while singing + a lot of wine.

No comments: