Nov 22, 2005

Things you can't unlearn


You learn something new every day. Today, I learned that one of the tests they perform when checking for sperm count is to put the test slide on a slope to see if the sperm will swim up the slope. I found out this little tidbit of way too much information while having dinner with two of my friends, who are trying to conceive. Apparently, he has strong swimmers...either that or he's part salmon.

Last night, I found myself getting slightly more addicted to MySpace. I went searching for some people from my high school. I found two guys I graduated with, but didn't know all too well. A search for college friends came up zilch. A broader search for people I may know back in Fort Smith only produced one person I knew: The daughter of one of my mom's friends. I've known this girl since she was four. She's 18 now, and according to her bio, extremely well-read, focused on her schooling, and bisexual. That last little bit isn't what shocked me. What really blew me away was the thought that I don't remember ANYONE when I was eighteen that was this self-aware. Bravo, girl!

I can't sleep tonight, so I'm watching the absolute worst thing...ever. Not only is it the movie Showgirls, but it's the censored version on VH1. Oh, sweet Jesus...

No comments: