Nov 27, 2005

Good times

I took a trip to Sears to buy a wedding gift for some friends of mine...two days after thanksgiving. The only thing on their registry that I could find on the shelves was a couple of six inch bar clamps. I wrote in the card that I hope and pray that these things are gonna be used for home improvement purposes.

The reception was a blast. I had tons of beer, danced a bit and hung out with some really good friends. The place was closing down around ten, so we moved the party over to a friends house. On the way out, I spyed my friend Kelly having a heart-to-heart with my ex-girlfriend Greta. The two of them had a falling out over a year ago, and apparently Greta has finally expressed some regret of the matter.

At the afterparty, I got a phone call. The Caller ID came up as a number I didn't recognize. The voice on the other end sounded a lot like my MySpace friend (he he he) so I started half-way flirting. She asked to speak to Colleen, so I haded the phone off without giving it much thought. It took her about three minutes to figure out who it actually was: Greta. I had a bit of a freak-out. Oh, God. I just flirted with my ex-girlfriend. It was enough to give me the jibblies*...ughuhhughhhughhh...

Today, I slept in and then went to the Promenade mall to watch my friends Karen and Jody's violin students play in the food court. Whenever a friend's band plays I fall into the role of the de facto roadie. I got the security guard to unlock a cabinet so I could get the mic set up. I love hanging out with musicians...it makes me look so much cooler by association.

*For more on the Jibblies, go here: http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail133.html

No comments: