Nov 29, 2005

Great gig


I have gone the entire day with a three-alarm migraine. I've been popping Advil like they were Altoids. Most of it was stress-induced. I have a feeling my boss was kinda feeling the same way...he gwets a bit kwancky when his head huwrts.

I had a few side jobs this evening, nothing all too big, nothing that'll pay anything. That's a real problem with me. I do freelance jobs and don't ask for enough for them. Most of them are for friends...their bands. All I ever have the nerve to ask for is twenty bucks, free admission to the show and maybe a couple beers. I do it for the pride. Here, I get to exorcise the demons I'm not allowed to during my day job.

Tonight's job was a bit of a different situation. I don't get into the show, no free beer, no charge. I did it because it may be my friend's big break. Mary from Three Penny Upright called me and told me the story of how they landed the opening act gig at Cain's Ballroom on Friday...opening for Loretta Lynn!

I was geeking out that I got to do a poster and type in that name. Mary is trying not to get too excited over the whole thing. I warned her to not keep that bottled up. I told her every hour and a half she should take a deep breath and giggle uncontrollably.

My hope is that if this does take them to the top, that they'll take me with them.

No comments: